About us

Welcome, we hope you find what you require on our site and look forward to talking to you in the foreseeable future.

At Utopia Financial Partners, we are not tied to any lender, which means that we act entirely on your behalf and represent your best interests in order to establish the most appropriate mortgage quotes for you.

There are so many types of mortgages available that it is easy to become confused, possibly opting for the product offering the lowest headline rate of interest. However, when booking fees, arrangement fees, conditional insurances, higher lending charge premiums and early repayment charges are taken into account the products may not be as attractive as they first appear. 

Our aim is to provide our clients with an excellent service to help guide them through otherwise difficult and confusing decisions, and provide bespoke ethical advice to suit their needs.

The needs for Protection/Insurance generally go hand in hand with mortgages, varying on individual circumstances – we offer advice on a spectrum of insurances that can also be viewed on one of the above tabs.

We look forward to assisting and implementing your requirements soon.


As a leading UK mortgage and remortgage broker, we can help you to find the right option for you. As a whole of market independent adviser we have exclusive UK mortgage deals from reputable lenders that you will only find with a whole of market independent adviser.  We can source a diverse range of mortgage options to suit almost any buyer.

Our experienced mortgage brokers are independent experts who have access to the whole of market UK mortgages, ensuring you are offered the best solutions for your personal situation.

When you contact us to ask about a mortgage, we will work to help you, whatever the nature of your mortgage enquiry. Whether you want a first time mortgage, a remortgage, equity release, enquiring about fixed or variable rates or considering Buy to Let, we will have the answer for you.

Our mortgage service is dedicated to helping you find the best mortgage at the best price.

If there are charges we’ll ensure they're transparent and discussed in advance. Any fees payable will be calculated to reflect the amount of time and effort needed for each individual case.

If you are considering remortgaging, we will advise on whether to take a “fees free” deal or whether it would be a better alternative to opt for transactional costs in return for a more attractive interest rate, which saves money in the longer term.

Below are a range of various mortgages we are able to assist you with:




What is Life Insurance?

Life insurance is a type of cover which will help protect your loved ones financially if you were to die during the length of your policy. It is not a savings plan and cash would only be paid out once a claim is made. You choose the value of the cover and how long it is required and pay your premium monthly or annually. Upon death your family would receive a lump sum which could be used to repay your mortgage and help with other expenses such as, household bills and childcare costs.

Do I need life insurance?

If you are the main breadwinner in the family and your family would struggle financially if you died it is imperative to have life insurance. Also, anybody who has dependents needs to consider taking out life insurance. It would also be important to have life insurance if you have debts, loans or an outstanding mortgage.


What is critical illness?

Critical illness cover could pay out a cash lump sum if you are diagnosed with one of the specified critical illnesses such as cancer, stroke or heart attack. Each insurance company will have a specified list of the illnesses they cover.

Critical illness can be added for an additional cost when you take out life insurance.


Do I need critical illness cover?

Similar to the reasons you would take out life insurance if your partner and/or children rely on you financially its worth considering getting covered.

The lump sum could pay for your bills for the period you won’t be working. Also, it could help towards the costs of recovery such as domestic adjustments to your home.

Family Income Benefit

Family Income Benefit Family income benefit safeguards a level of income for a fixed term. In the unfortunate event of death the amount of income chosen at the start of the policy with be paid for the rest of your plan. Most plans are to protect you until your youngest child is 18 or 21.

Family income benefit differs from other types of insurance in that rather than pay a lump sum in the event of a death it will be paid as an income. This can be paid monthly, quarterly or annually and is currently tax free.


Long-term income protection

Long-term Income Protection, otherwise known as Permanent Health Insurance is designed to replace your gross monthly income until your normal retirement age should you be unable to work due to illness or injury. The policy would be tailored to start paying benefits at the point where your employer stops paying your sick pay.

Commercial Finance


Commercial Mortgages

These are mortgage loans that are secured on your business premises, such as your office building, shop, restaurant, warehouse or apartment complex. Commercial Mortgages are structured in a completely different way to Residential Mortgages or Buy-to-Let mortgages, for this reason, it is particularly important to get the best possible advice from an adviser.

They can be sought for a wide range of business property types, so long as the property’s primary purpose is to be used for businesses. We have access to specialist lenders that you will not be able to locate on the high street and can structure complex deals around your individual requirements.

Business Insurance

There are many different types of business insurance and most businesses will need the basics such as General Liability and Commercial Property Insurance. These are designed to cover your business and the people who work for you if your company faces loss, damage, injury or legal action.

Business Protection

As a business owner, you have the responsibility of making sure your business is protected against many things, so you’ve no doubt insured your buildings, contents, stock, and materials. However, it’s just as important to cover your biggest asset – yourself and any key employees.

Please contact us to discuss any of the above in more detail.


Basic Valuation

This isn't a survey but a report prepared after a brief inspection of the property – and solely for the benefit of the mortgage lender. These are carried out by a RICS Valuation Surveyor appointed by the lender (i.e. a bank or building society) to establish whether the property provides adequate security for the amount you want to borrow. Obvious defects will be pointed out in the valuation but it should not be regarded as a full survey or as a substitute for a Building Survey or Homebuyer's Report.

Most lenders charge valuation fees on a scale depending on the value of the property. The report is basic, and all lenders disclaim any responsibility for the condition of the property. You have no right of reply against the surveyor for any defects or problems that are not picked up, and you may not even see a copy of the report.


Homebuyer's Report

A Homebuyer’s Report is intended to inform you, the buyer, on the soundness or otherwise of the property, and whether it is a suitable purchase at the price agreed. It is more expensive and extensive than the basic valuation.

Approved by the Royal institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), this survey and valuation covers all accessible parts of the property, but is less comprehensive than a Building Survey, and the final report is more concise. The report specifies major defects and includes a roof inspection where possible, but does not detail remedial works.

Advice can be given on specific items if required, and if further specialist investigation is thought necessary this will be stated in the report. The report may also offer you some limited recourse should the surveyor (acting on your behalf, rather than the lender’s) be suspected of negligence.

Homebuyer’s Reports are most suitable for houses built during the last 80 years and up to approximately 2,000 square feet / 185 square metres.


Building Survey (formerly Full Structural Survey)

This is the most detailed type of survey, it is usually required when a full assessment of the property is needed. It is also the most expensive. It is also highly advisable for older properties (pre 1900) or large or unusual buildings.

Surveys of this kind can take many hours to complete and cover all aspects of the property in greater depth than the Homebuyer's Report. It can also detail remedial works required. You have right of recourse to the Surveyor in the event a defect with the property is subsequently found which would have been there when the original survey was done – for example woodworm infestation or rising damp.

Mortgage lenders tend to work with panels of approved surveyors, and it is generally best to allow the lender to instruct their nominated surveyor for the basic valuation that they require. If you would like a homebuyer’s report, many lenders will let you request one via them – otherwise, you are free to instruct any survey you need.

With any level of survey, if there are potential or actual defects found, the surveyor may suggest you obtain additional specialist reports.


We have worked along side a well-established firm of Surveyors for a considerable amount of time and are able to recommend their service should the product you're recommended not come with a free survey or, if you choose to have a more detailed survey, please enquire.

In addition, we also have a Law firm that we have been affiliated to for a number of years and highly recommend in order to be able to monitor your case should you not have your own personal conveyancing firm. Please ask for more information.


Contact Us

Address 24 Peterborough Rd, Harrow HA1 2BQ, United Kingdom

Office Call +44 (0)203 858 0777

Mobile +44 (0)7957 358 378

Website ufpltd.co.uk  

Email [email protected]